Full Story
 
 
 
Underground Electrical Fire
   
Tuesday, February 24, 2015 14:54
-
At 14:54 hours today, Firefighters were alerted to two simulatenous fire alarms on the 300 Block of Montgomery Avenue. Firefighters responded and found an underground electrical fire in front of the businesses. The fire had caused significant electrical issues inside of the stores causing them to be evacuated, and also closed Montgomery Avenue to passing motorists. Peco Electic was requested to the scene to assist with the situation. Firefighters were on the scene for 3 hours keeping the situation under control.

Thank you to our Neighbors at the Narberth Fire Company who assisted with the situation.

Units on scene: Engine 28, Tower 28, Engine 26, Lower Merion Fire Marshals, Lower Merion Police

The Picture to the right was taken by Staff Engineer John Trainer of the LMFD Local 2844